You can find Nigel at Masmajou. You can also follow him on Twitter @Masmajou
Just imagine its Spring and suddenly without any warning it’s a lovely hot day and on the spur of the moment you invite friends round for a BBQ. Then, shock! horror! as you get the garden furniture out from the shed; you had put it away in a hurry in the Autumn before it rained again and it's all dirty and needs a bit of TLC.
Now re-wind….its Autumn and you are about to put your garden furniture away.
Now is the time to give the furniture that TLC. Plus a great excuse to get out and enjoy this bonus bit of summer weather we have!
- Check the furniture over for any signs of damage / loose screws etc and rectify as necessary.
- Use white spirit to remove any grease / oil patches. You can use a propriety brand grease remover, but test first on underside to ensure no adverse effect.
- Give a light rub over with fine sand paper to take off any rough bits (always sand with the grain).
- Brush away the dust and wipe over with white spirit.
- Brush on liberally Teak Oil (or similar) and leave to dry, not forgetting the edges and undersides.
- Cover & put away somewhere dry for the winter months.
- Now feel smug that your lovely wooden garden furniture is safely stored and cared for, ready for the first glimpse of warm weather!